In order to address crew employment issues, we have implemented the most practical and cost-effective solution, now used by several of the world’s most prestigious superyachts (private and commercial) that fly the Maltese Flag.
The Crew services structure has been developed with substantial tax and legal advice and is designed to employ seafarers and pay social security contributions in Malta. Our team will look after the following:
- Prepare the MLC/EU compliant seafarer employment agreements;
- Register the employer as well as the crew members for social security in Malta;
- Make monthly social security payments as well as compiling and filing the required employment forms;
- Effect salary payments to the crewmembers;
- Maintain the payroll;
- Ensure continued compliance with social security legislation as it evolves;
- Register and administer the Yachts Maltese Flag Registration.
The solution works perfectly for both employers and seafarers, the setup procedure is straightforward and all administration work is catered for by our team.